【Art Future- In search for future talents in Contemporary Arts ── Part 1: Open Call for Artist/Cur
In response to the unprecedented challenges and its impact, Art Future invites young and emerging art talents to submit innovative project idea highlighting the possibilities and imagination of the future for the art circle, humanity and beyond. The project empowers selected curators and artists to realize their concept into physical events with an online showcase.
Art Future encourages young and emerging local and international talents in the contemporary art field with curatorial guidance, training and advice to help actualize their artistic project. To enhance regional and international idea exchange and dialogues, the project will be divided into two parts to engage with talents locally and internationally. Projects that take innovative curatorial approaches and experimental formats will be encouraged.
The current situation has set the stage for an shift toward the online and digital solutions. Art Future is highlighting the variety of programme that make possible within the online format and its potential to innovative programme structure. Applicant should consider a possible plan to conduct and curate the project at a distance and remotely through online channels.
Selected artist/curator will receive:
• Professional advice, curatorial comments and instructions by 1a space's curatorial panel members
• Administrative support in constructing and implementing an exhibition plan
• Exhibition opportunity at 1a space gallery
• Production fee of the exhibition/exhibit artworks
• Promotion of the exhibition on 1a space’s audience and media networks
Part 1: Open Call for Artist/Curator (local talents)
Exhibition period: Oct 2020 (includes an online virtual exhibtion produced by 1a space)
An exhibtion proposal on the theme “ Future” with at least 1 participatory-based public programming
• Individuals who have recently completed an art course/formal training in the arts within 5 year
• Expectation and objective for joining the project
• A no more than 10-page artist CV and portfolio with images of his/her previous artworks
• With the commitment in launching professional career in the arts
• Priority will be given to applicants without solo exhibition experience
To apply, please send us the required documents (in English) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Unit 14, Cattle Depot Artist Village, 63 Ma Tau Kok Road, To Kwa Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
If you have any questions, please write to: email@example.com
Part 2: Open Call for Artist/Curator (international)
**Further details will be announced soon.