1a space, founded in 1998, is an independent, non-profit making contemporary visual arts organization and exhibition venue founded by a collective of Hong Kong artworkers. Over the past eighteen years, 1a space has presented and organized more than 130 exhibitions and activities. 1a space has played a vital role in developing new frontiers for the visual arts scene in Hong Kong and its representation abroad.
1a space is now inviting applicants for the position of Program Intern (18 months), which aims to perform competently in the arts and event production industry, and will be introduced to various aspects of arts and event management and covering key knowledge and specialized areas required of exhibition producers.
- Assist with invigilating exhibitions
- Assist with the installation and dismantlement of exhibitions and the on-site assistance of special events
- Conceptualize, create and execute visual graphics for programs and promotional marketing materials
- Collaborate with gallery administrative team on campaigns to promote exhibition and related cultural programs
- Design and lead guided tours on different themes appropriately
- Provide a welcoming environment for visitors
- Hong Kong residents aged 18 or above
- Diploma or equivalent qualification holder. Graduate from tertiary institutions related to exhibition design, arts production, publishing and editorial affairs or related field
- Good knowledge in digital equipment set up
- Good photographic techniques
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Video editing is an advantage
- Creative and strong passion in contemporary arts
- Highly organized and motivated to work in a creative environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin and English
- Immediately available preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- HKD 10,000 per month
- 10 days paid annual leave
- Employee’s compensation insurance