1a space is now inviting applicants for the position of Gallery Intern (12 months), which aims to perform competently in the changing arts and cultural environment, and will be introduced to various aspects of arts administration and covering key knowledge and specialized areas required of arts administrators.
- Assist in daily administrative duties of 1a space
- Assist with the installation planning and dismantlement arrangement of exhibitions
- Assist to invigilate exhibitions and events of the gallery
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and promotional campaign for the gallery
- Collaborate with gallery administrative team on campaigns to promote exhibition and related cultural programs
- Maintain knowledge and sensitivity of the ever-shifting digital landscape
- Assist in managing the archive of 1a space
- Guided tours planning and liaison
- Provide a welcoming environment for visitors
- Hong Kong residents aged 18 or above
- Normally graduates of a tertiary institute, preferably obtained within the last 3 years or with a related experience in arts administration
- Major in Fine Arts, Design, Arts & Humanities or related disciplines
- Good knowledge in digital equipment set up
- Good photographic techniques
- Experienced in digital marketing and social marketing will be an advantage
- Creative and strong passion in contemporary arts
- Highly organized and motivated to work in a creative environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin and English
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Video editing is an advantage
- Immediately available preferred
*The Arts Administration Internship Scheme is supported by the Hong Kong Arts Development Council.
Interested parties please send a cover letter, full resume and expected salary to email@example.com (Subject: Application for the position of 1a space Gallery Intern) by 19th August 2016.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and personal information will only be used for recruitment related purposes.